Saturday 10 December 2011

No Don 3 for Farhan!


Even as Don 2 - The Chase Continues readies for release, director Farhan Akhtar admits he's ready to move away from action. Now, he will experiment with other genres.
"I need a break from action films. I have to think about other genres of storytelling too. And as a director, it's also my right to explore different things because my last two films have been in the action genre," says Farhan, who hasn't thought of what these genres could be yet.
"For my personal growth as a storyteller, it's important to move on," says the Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara actor, adding that he isn't necessarily looking to make films on lighter subjects. "I am not thinking about making a film like ZNMD or going back to the Dil Chahta Hai (2001) zone. I feel my contribution or enthusiasm level about doing action films has already created the Don films," he says.
So, is there any Kill Bill-style action film with Priyanka Chopra happening, as reported? "Yes, or so I'm told!" he laughs. "I did say something to the effect of being really impressed with the way she did all her stunts herself. And I mentioned that someone should think about making a Kill Bill kind of film with her. Next thing I know, I was being quoted saying that I wanted to make a film with her."
Tell Farhan that some of his Don 2 cast members hint at a possible Don 3, and he says with a laugh: "I have no idea about it. They might be working on it secretly. Let me check and get back to you. As for me, no Don 3 is happening." As for the much talked about action sequences sequences in Don 2, the director says, "It has the kind of stunts I enjoy watching. And it's my take on how a movie like this should be. All the fistfights and combat scenes are very real. I consciously stayed away from 'cinematic fights', where a guy does three somersaults when the hero hits him."

No comments:

Post a Comment