Tuesday 20 December 2011

Madhur and I did talk about Heroine: Priyanka


Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she did talk to her 'Fashion' maker Madhur Bhandarkar over his much-talked about project 'Heroine'. 
When ETC Bollywood Business host Komal Nahta introduced Piggy Chops as ‘the jungle billi’, the beauty with brains quipped, “I do have a pet dog and the billi fights with it quite often! ”
That set the tone for the interview and Priyanka said: “I actually love giving interviews. It’s so nice to have a conversation. At work, I’m always pretending to be someone else. ”
Recalling that she’d started acting at the early age of 17 Priyanka felt that, because of the sheer number and diversity of characters that she has essayed, “the lines have blurred now … between the characters and the real me. I do not know who is the real me! ” 

She revealed that from the beginning she’d decided to keep a gap of at least five movies before she would enact a similar character. 
“I am a director’s actor, ” stressed PC, before revealing a quirk of hers, “as a matter of fact; I’m quite possessive about them too. On sets, I want to have their complete attention. If my director attends to someone else, I don’t like it at all! ” 
Even after giving so many superhits, Priyanka still considers herself to be an outsider. 
“I come from a middle class background. If I have to go out holidaying without my family, I still have to seek dad’s permission! ” 
No wonder then, that her umpteen alleged link ups aren’t quite palatable … to either her or her family. 
And here Priyanka shares quite an interesting anecdote, “I’d once, in sheer frustration, asked a journalist at a press conference, ‘From where do you get such baseless gossip? ’ He’d very casually replied, ‘Agar aaplog nahi denge toh humhe to banana hi padega naah! ’ And I was left speechless! ” 
Priyanka felt that the media keep printing rumors about her because she, herself, has kept her personal life away from media glare. 
As the conversation moved to a widely reported story in recent time – Madhur Bhandarkar’s Heroine – Priyanka cleared the air. 
“Madhur and I did talk about Heroine. For me, however, it would have been like a Bollywood version of Fashion. Kareena is the perfect choice. She’s such a brilliant actor. As a film-maker, Madhur brings out the best in any actor, and Kareena’s such a superior one. ” 
Till now, 2011 might have been a dull year for PC, but with Don 2 coming in later this year, five of 2012’s biggest movies in her kitty and her English music album slated for release, 2012 sure looks set to be this femme fatale’s year.       

No comments:

Post a Comment